This was the home of Governor Jonathan Trumbull, Connecticut’s patriot governor and the only colonial governor to support the American Revolution.
The house was built between 1735 and 1740 by Capt. Joseph Trumbull, Governor Trumbull’s father. It was originally located near the intersection of route 207 and West Town Street. After Joseph Trumbull’s death in 1755, Jonathan Trumbull moved his family into the house and enlarged the building. The house was moved to its current location in the early 19th century and became a National Historic Landmark on December 21, 1965.
Owned and operated by the Connecticut Daughters of the American Revolution
169 West Town Street, P.O. Box 54, Lebanon, CT 06249-0054